BBQ Beef Pie Pockets
1.5 lbs ground beef (18 oz) bottle BBQ sauce
1 cup shredded cheese, divided
1 box refrigerated Pillsbury Pie Crust
1. Cook ground beef in a skillet until browned and cooked through. Drain off fat.
2. Pour BBQ sauce into pan and stir until ground beef is evenly coated.
3. Unroll both sheets of refrigerated pie crust dough. Cut each of the round pie crusts into quarters.
4. On one quarter of pie crust dough put 1/4 of ground BBQ beef. Then sprinkle on 1/4 cup shredded cheese over top of beef. Place a second quarter of pie crust dough over the top (lining up with bottom quarter) and pinch seams to seal off. Flute the pie crust edges for a prettier look.
5. Repeat until all 4 pie pockets are complete. Cut about three small slits on the tops of each pie pocket for breathing.
6. Bake at 425 degrees F for 25 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Crock Pot Creamy Italian Chicken
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 packet Italian dressing mix
2 (10 oz) cans of cream of chicken soup
1 (8 oz) block of cream cheese, cut into cubes
Egg noodles or rice, to serve with
1. Spray crock pot with non-stick spray. Place the chicken breast in crock pot, and sprinkle the Italian dressing mix over the tops.
2. Pour the cream of chicken soups over chicken, then spread the cubes of cream cheese evenly over all.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Remove lid and stir mixture together. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
(If sauce seems too thick, it can be thinned with milk)
4. Serve chicken and sauce over cooked egg noodles or rice.
1 1/2 tsp chili oil
1/2 lb lean ground beef
1 tbsp taco seasoning
3/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
16 wonton wrappers
5 tbsp + 1 tsp queso dip or salsa con queso
1 cup salsa
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly mist 8 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Heat chili oil in a saute pan or large skillet over medium-high heat, add the ground beef and taco seasoning and brown beef, breaking it up with a spoon. Add black beans and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes until warm.
3. Push wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the eight sprayed cups in the muffin tin.
4. Spoon a teaspoon of queso dip into each wonton wrapper and spread across the bottom. Follow by spooning some of the meat/bean mixture into each cup (using about half the total mixture and then splitting 1/2 cup of the salsa evenly into each cup. Sprinkle about half of the shredded Mexican cheese evenly over the top of each cup.
5. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining ingredients.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
Chicken Alfredo and Rice Casserole
1 (10 oz) container refrigerated light Alfredo pasta sauce
1/2 cup milk
2 1/2 cups cooked white rice
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 tsp basil
1 cup bread crumbs
1 tbsp butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine pasta sauce and milk. Stir in rice, chicken, peas, and basil. Transfer to 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
2. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and stir. Combine bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle atop.
3. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes more or until heated through and crumbs are golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Crock Pot Pot Roast
2 cups beef broth
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3 lbs of pot roast
1 packet of onion soup mix
6 small potatoes, diced
1/2 cup carrots, chopped
1/2 cup onions, diced
1. Sear meat on the stove top.
2. Place pot roast, beef broth, onion soup packet and cream of mushroom soup into crock pot and cover. Cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
3. Turn over pot roast. Place veggies into the crock pot and add some pepper. Cook for an additional 1 hour on high, or 2 hours on low.